News & Events
Week 5 – Final Paper
- July 20, 2018
- Posted by: stephen
During Week 5, you will write an eight- to ten- page research paper (excluding title and reference pages) that addresses a particular human service profession. The text lists numerous occupational titles (p. 125). After choosing a title that interests you, research and develop a paper that includes the following topics as related to your chosen profession:
- NOHSE standards
2. Historical perspective on federal laws relating to your profession
4. Ethical responsibilities
Describe the unique aspects of your profession in the human services field as well as the general applications that may apply to most or all other human service professions. Include a minimum of five scholarly, peer-reviewed sources that were published within the last five years, cited according to APA guidelines as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center in your paper.
Writing the Research Paper
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
2. Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
b. Student’s name
c. Course name and number
d. Instructor’s name
e. Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
4. Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
5. Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
6. Must use at least five scholarly, peer-reviewed sources that were published within the last five years from the Ashford University Library.
7. Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
8. Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style